Voluntary work in Peru
Do you enjoy working with children and young people, do you know the Spanish language and do you want to go to Peru for a longer period of time? Then you are most welcome in Ayacucho!
The team in Ayacucho needs the help of volunteers! Los Cachorros is always supported by trainees and volunteers from the Netherlands, Belgium and France, among others.
Depending on your qualities, we challenge you to help us improve our work. Think of giving group support, homework support, individual guidance and organizing sports and leisure activities.
Often there are several volunteers at once, so you can work together, learn from each other and enjoy the work and Peruvian life.
Los Cachorros does not have the financial possibilities to reimburse the costs of the work. Volunteers themselves take care of the costs of a flight ticket, travel, health insurance and liability insurance, vaccinations and livelihood. No extra costs will be charged by Los Cachorros.
Conditions and selection procedure
To qualify for volunteer work at Los Cachorros Peru, we ask you to comply with the following points:
- Minimum availability for six months
- Good knowledge of the Spanish language or to familiarize yourself with it prior to the period
- Minimum age 20 years, unless you have demonstrable experience in working with children with serious psychosocial problems
- Experience with children (study and / or work experience), motivated and socially involved
- Able to adapt to a different culture and to work out of respect for that culture.
- Collecting sponsor money, of which 50% for the general budget of Los Cachorros and 50% for a private project in consultation with the director.
The selection procedure, also for volunteers outside the Netherlands, is as follows:
- Submitting a registration form and CV via email@example.com
- Selection interview by the board member volunteer coordination
- Proposals from the candidate to the director
- By agreement, a cooperation agreement is drawn up and some preliminary discussions are held with the volunteer coordinator.
- The content of the work and the sponsor project are coordinated with the director.